Today I was at a function and I noticed a woman
wearing an outfit with this design...it gave me an idea!
I am going to do some hand stitching around the silhouette
to make it look like it was supposed to happen....
The function I attended was a workshop.
A Tapestry workshop, held at The BACH
where I work voluntarily a couple of Sundays/
and Thursday's each month.
It's also where a have my handmade soap.
I'm very excited about this project and I have offered to follow the tapestry's progress on a blog and also via Facebook. This morning was about learning about the technique, meeting those that will be instrumental in getting the project up and running. And me?? I got to take photos which will get uploaded onto a blog over the next week or so. The Official Grand Opening is on the 10th April. I'll be there, taking photos!
The warp threads

There was a LOT of them!
Tapestry practice
These "mini looms" have been donated
for people to have a try weaving
All the wooden bobbins have been donated as well
Aren't they amazing??
I left about 12.30 pm...some stayed on to keep practicing
and a few weavers stayed to continue threading up the warping.
I can't wait for the project to start and look forward
to follow it's progress over the coming months/year!
Time: 4 hours (23 March)
Tapestry/Community Project
Photography, editing/
uploading to blog
The function I attended was a workshop.
A Tapestry workshop, held at The BACH
where I work voluntarily a couple of Sundays/
and Thursday's each month.
It's also where a have my handmade soap.
I'm very excited about this project and I have offered to follow the tapestry's progress on a blog and also via Facebook. This morning was about learning about the technique, meeting those that will be instrumental in getting the project up and running. And me?? I got to take photos which will get uploaded onto a blog over the next week or so. The Official Grand Opening is on the 10th April. I'll be there, taking photos!
..still needed winding on at the base
There was a LOT of them!
Tapestry practice
These "mini looms" have been donated
for people to have a try weaving
All the wooden bobbins have been donated as well
Aren't they amazing??
I left about 12.30 pm...some stayed on to keep practicing
and a few weavers stayed to continue threading up the warping.
I can't wait for the project to start and look forward
to follow it's progress over the coming months/year!
Time: 4 hours (23 March)
Tapestry/Community Project
Photography, editing/
uploading to blog

No comments:
Post a Comment