I did a bit more work on the painted torso Thursday, adding pastels from my newly purchased box. I found a paint brush was a good way to brush off excess pastel dust and I'm starting to like this again.
I haven't quite finished yet.
I want to add some text...
Friday I searched online for and printed out a palm tree.
I cut around the outline then drew around it
on some thin foam I had been given.
Like so...
I'm using Fastex Textile Ink
and mixed the red and blue together
to make this lovely deep maroon.
What I hope it'll eventually look like
the foam "palms" mounted onto card
It started off looking great...
....but then started to "bleed"....boohoo!
So I put that aside..
and got my next support ready ...hessian!
Using the textile paints again
I have an idea with this which I'm looking forward to
working on it once the paint has dried.
Time: 4 hours (21/22 March)
Paint/pastels on wallpaper
Stamped silhouette/hand-dyed calico
Paint on hessian

No comments:
Post a Comment