Saturday, 16 March 2013

Visit to TLC - Monday 11 March

Monday was my last day in Wellington.
On Saturday, Sue had suggested I come visit the 
campus and observe the on-site students working.
The "new entrants"...certificate students, like myself
I stopped and had a nice chat with this tutor.
She was very informative and friendly. 
Unfortunately I can't remember her name.
 and some of their art work.
Jewellery-making Room
 Students at work
 drawing...thinking...painting
 ...and showing off their work *smiles*
 I recognise this man's face!
I got to meet and chat with Roger.
Also talked with another student 
who was  in this room painting.
A lovely woman...so encouraging!

Next I went to the Print Room. 
I met Marci Tackett and spent 
some time talking with her too.
She gave me some handouts to take home.
 This is Nick
 and he was screen-printing
 His inspiration come from his drawings and art work as a boy.
 It was great watching him working...
 ..and this lovely person is the wonderful artist 
who's handi-work decorates all the buildings.
Unfortunately, I've forgotten her name also.
 She also painted the bus that picks up students from the city
..and is currently working on this block of classrooms
 The new TLC sign
 ...even her truck is a work of art!

Time:  4 hours (11 March) On Campus TLC

No comments:

Post a Comment