Saturday was the Flax Paper-making Workshop at TLC with Sue Blumsky. I was really looking forward to meeting her and to say Thank You for being a paper maker at the Learning Connexion. It is because of her I'm doing this Art and Creativity course...and I am so glad I am as it is changing and healing me...
I got there a bit early so was first to arrive and meet Sue.
There ended up only being about 7 or 8 of us and we sat around this drop-cloth slicing up the flax...and chatting and getting to know one another. One of the students attended in the print-making workshop back in October 2012 so it was nice to meet up again.
The flax was cooked for several hours
..then rinsed and rinsed until the water ran clear-ish
You've gotta love kiwi ingenuity!!
It's an Insinkerator!
Feeding the flax fibre through
with lots of water....
I want to make one of these!
Straining the pulp
and adding it to the vat of water
with a good dollop of this stuff
Using the mold and deckle
...pressing with a sponge to release it from the mold
and TA-DA...paper!
Any questions??
Then we got to do it ourselves. Good fun!
Light sculpture
Sue showing us how to apply the damp paper pieces
Isn't it amazing?!
I just happen to have an old lamp shade float around too
Time: 7 hours Flax Paper-making (9 March)
1 hour editing/uploading photos (16 March)
Total: 8 hours
No comments:
Post a Comment