I'm not very good at flicking off things
that don't go right.
Things that go wrong scream
"FAILURE"
very loudly in my head!
Tuesday I had another opportunity
to practice this skill!
I had Miss M come for her weekly craft lesson.
While she was stamping her hibiscus flowers and preparing palm trees
for stamping, I tried stamping another palm tree.
This time with an old towel underneath the hand-dyed fabric.
The result??
No bleeding! Or very little...
here it is with the first inked image.
Still got plans for this the stitching
and something else..yet to be determined
Remember my leaf prints?
Well, I love plants, always have...I love their textures,
their shapes and had a good experience pressing
them onto fabric with some fabric paint...
...a bit patchy but I didn't mind too much...
But they didn't take to the painted hessian to well at all!
Maybe if I try again??
No...it got "worse"
I had to challenge those thoughts and resisted
chucking the who lot into the bin!
Instead, I brushed some of the remaining fabric paint
over the top and PUT IT ASIDE.
I will look at it again another day..
Miss M had made a a ton of paint in a colour she couldn't get. she was trying to mix brown for her palm tree trunks. I tried to help but only seemed to help her waste more of the paint! She ended up with a grey-ish maeve which instead of washing down the sink I decided to use on the canvas I didn't like
I've got an idea percolating...
I also shopped up a whole lot of this
while helping Master 13 with his maths homework.
It's wild ginger and for some reason my
neighbour had it growing in her garden!
Sue (from TLC) said it made really nice paper so when I saw her pulling it out I asked if I could have. This is the print-making lady who established Te Kowhai Print Trust. Funny, but she KNEW what I wanted it for PAPER!
I soaked it in this bucket overnight...
This morning Miss 17 went to Auckland so,
released from my educational "Supervisory" role
I decided to do this!
I've also been given some corn stalks/leaves to trial too.
Time: 5 hours (26 March)
(includes blogging etc)




No comments:
Post a Comment