I've had a very productive day today.
As well as braving LIFE DRAWING,
my daughter Sarah sat for me
as my face cast model.
We watched the DVD together..
Vaseline'd, glad wrapped
and ready to go!
She did a great job!
I just need some more gauze as I used
it all and then realised I needed a little
to close up the nostrils..so I've had
to put it aside for now.
Time: 1.5 hours
Resource 5:
Drawing for all your Worth #5
LIFE DRAWING
After watching the DVD and periodically pausing
it to try drawing..I surprised myself (again)
by getting into the body sketches!
Exercise 1: Warm Ups
above: using my "other" hand to draw
Exercise 2: Exaggerated/Picasso-like
I had to google what Jonathan
meant by "exaggerated" drawing
and came across some neat paintings
which has given me some ideas...
My geometric shapes
and (below) my sketch of the model on a couch
DRAWING INTO PAINT #3
Exercise 1: Warm Ups
I look forward to trying these with paint!
I continued watching the Resource DVD
and also thinking about how to do my
IDENTITY in PAINT Project..
my head is spinning!
I'm off to Auckland on Wednesday evening then Thursday travelling by bus to Wellington for a Paper-Making class this weekend with Sue Blumsky. I'm a bit anxious about it and trying not to stress about my hours while I'm away. I will take my sketch book and pencils, Resource book and camera, plus I have some paper making books I can read...and I'll see what's on at the Galleries in Wellington as I'll have Friday and Monday to "sight-see" before travelling all the way back home to Whangarei.
Time: 6 hours
(includes photo editing etc)
Total time: 7.5 hours (4 March)













No comments:
Post a Comment