Saturday, 19 October 2013

Resource 4: DVD and Resource Exercises

This week has been a bit of a hard week.
I have been stressed, restless and 
finding it hard to concentrate.
This morning I re-watched the Resource 4 DVD
One of the exercises I hadn't done from the Life 
Drawing Session was positive and negative shapes. 
I've used pastels for these.
Then I moved on to watching the 
Session on Painting: Acrylics into Oils.
I took some notes while watching the DVD
 my charcoal "scribble"
and set to, applying acrylic paint.
BUT...
I hate this and not happy with it all.
I know it shouldn't matter
but it does. To me, if I'm not enjoying
doing something then it's a bit 
of a waste of time me doing it.
I just get more and more frustrated!
so...I've put this aside (for now)
I might revisit it.
Or I might just start over.
We'll see...

 So I "jumped ships" and tried a little doodling
Love this idea in the Zen Doodling 
book (below) I got out from the Library
  so I will take my cat doodles
 with me to work tomorrow
Hopefully, I'll get a little time
to work on it then.

 I "jumped ships" again, 
this time to sculpture.
I've decided I want to try a Celtic Knot
with the challenge of removing the inside 
sections without damaging the whole thing!
 Template sketched I saw off the excess hebel 
...and ready for shaping.
A job for another day.

Time: 6 hours (19 October)
 (Resource DVD, Painting - acrylics into oils,
Doodling, Drawing, 3D Sculpture

No comments:

Post a Comment