I went along to the Te Kowhai Print Trust's Open day this morning. As it was my first time visiting (and there was a lot of kids there, with their parents) I just observed what was happening, took photos and looked around the Quarry Arts Centre.
The Entrance
Love the map!
The Yvonne Rust Art Gallery
Quarry Art Shop
Fascinating array of quirky buildings!
Signs telling you "where to go"
I took a peep in this door and discovered a large group
of children, sitting at the long table and playing with clay.
I spoke with a woman called Els who told me a little
about the adult classes and I can attend a Tuesday morning
for only $5...plus I can use the kilns to fire my creations.
Guess where I will be come Tuesday??

These building are the Te Kowhai Print Trust.



After wandering around taking photos of all the activity
I went next door and chatted with this chap.
He is Mike Ferris, a print-maker and artist
This machine he was using is paper cutter.
Drying/storage racks
Mike asked me if I would send him the photos I took.
In return he gave me a signed screen print
of his latest work!
It's been a fun but tiring morning.
Time: 2 hours (11/10/13)
Art Centre Visit,
Print-making workshop,
Photography
The Entrance
Love the map!
The Yvonne Rust Art Gallery
Quarry Art Shop
Fascinating array of quirky buildings!
Signs telling you "where to go"
I took a peep in this door and discovered a large group
of children, sitting at the long table and playing with clay.
I spoke with a woman called Els who told me a little
about the adult classes and I can attend a Tuesday morning
for only $5...plus I can use the kilns to fire my creations.
Guess where I will be come Tuesday??

These building are the Te Kowhai Print Trust.



After wandering around taking photos of all the activity
I went next door and chatted with this chap.
He is Mike Ferris, a print-maker and artist
This machine he was using is paper cutter.
Drying/storage racks
Mike asked me if I would send him the photos I took.
In return he gave me a signed screen print
of his latest work!
It's been a fun but tiring morning.
Time: 2 hours (11/10/13)
Art Centre Visit,
Print-making workshop,
Photography
























No comments:
Post a Comment