On Sunday the 20th October, I had the opportunity to meet with my TLC mentor, Keith Grinter. He recently purchased the Mahy Hot Glass Studio here in Whangarei. Prior to that he lived in Wanganui. I was interesting in meeting him in person and as I was working only a shop or three away from where his studio is, I thought it was an opportune time to see where he worked.
It was fascinating watching him.... He made glass-blowing look so easy!
He had some of his "experiments" for sale.
I was really drawn to this one and he kindly
allowed me to take it and pay him later.
On Tuesday morning I spent a few hours
at the Quarry Arts Centre playing with clay.
I had hoped to pick up a 10kg bag at $15
but they were sold out, so ended up getting
this sample pack (which includes firing) for
$10 instead. A good starting pack for me!
I wasn't sure what to do and on the recommendation of another clay-maker had a go at making a starfish using one of the molds there.
Here I've experimented with a piece of fabric to give texture.
The lace...
Next, I rolled out a clay under another piece of lace
and make it into a heart shape.
2 hours (22 Oct 2013)
Clay/Sculpture
2 hours (22 Oct 2013)
Clay/Sculpture









No comments:
Post a Comment