Sunday and Monday I made paper. I continued cooking up several batches of the corn fibre in my frying pan and then recycling my washing machine water to rinse, rinse rinse...no point in wasting good soapy water and you use a lot of it rinsing out the fibres!
Cooking up a storm....
After several hours simmering the fibres get tipped into a colander lined with a free draining fabric which I gather up and tie with an old shoe-lace like a Christmas Pudding LOL!
Then rinse, rinse and rinse until the water runs clear.
Into the food processor it goes...not that mine have ever processed food...
...until it's a nice slurry like this. I've experimented with adding a handful of Kawakawa leaves during the milling process. Not sure how it'll turn out but I won't know unless I try, yes?
The "couched" felts
My fancy press system!
I did find after couching this "post of paper" that much of the thicker corn stalks were still uncooked so planned on removing the hard bits before rinsing, next time round.
For the next two batches I decided I would try dyeing with Colourfast Dylon Dye.
Dark Green Dylon Dye
Mix 2 Tbsp with hot water in a bucket...
add a handful of salt...
..the fibre and stir. Set aside to "fix" the colour.
Mmmm...I can't wait to see how it turns out!
Time 6 hours (13/14 October)
Paper Making/Dyeing Paper Pulp












No comments:
Post a Comment