Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Feedback and Life Drawing

I've have my second feedback from my TLC Mentor (by email) and looking forward to receiving a copy of it in the mail (it is much easier for me to read and refer to in the old fashion hard-copy format) 
Yay...my kowhai tree is flower!
Flowers for soap-making.

Over the weekend I got some corn stalks
cut up ready for paper-making.
I haven't used corn before so I'm 
interested to see how it turns out.
I got quite excited about my chopping efforts 
...until I saw another bag of the stuff LOL!
Blisters on my hands prevent me from doing
 any more cutting though. (I must invest in
 some protective gloves, me thinks)

Sunday, I was at The Bach all day and took photos of those working on The Whangarei Community Tapestry. Check here for photos.

Monday morning, I took my parents out to do errands at the shops. (My Dad has not been well the past couple of months) While standing in the queue for him at the Post Shop, this emblem caught my eye. I located paper and pencil and drew a quick sketch. I'd quite like to do something based on the pohutukawa flower.
 A block print or maybe a felted/embroidered textile piece... 
In the afternoon, after watching the Life Drawing section on Resource 4 DVD,  I took out some old rolls of wall paper and started some sketching.
 A couple of "quick" sketches...
actually I would have spent way more than 
the suggested 2-3 minutes drawing these!
 (I've just noticed the legs are all wrong on here!)
 I not so happy about the top 
but really liking the bottom half
...pun intended!

Some random things that has inspired me...
 I need one of these in my kitchen LOL!
 So cool and funky!
 Great way to use up scrap fabric...
 Love it!
..and this too!
 I'm itching to do some lino cut/printing.
I need to source some lino first though.
 Loving these...
..and this too. amazing art out there!
i'll be (printing out) adding these inspiring images to my visual diary.

Time: 7 hours (6-8 October)
Life Drawing, Paper-making preparation
Art Inspiration, Resource 4 DVD



No comments:

Post a Comment