Saturday, 3 November 2012

Print-making Weekend Course - 13/14 Oct 2012

I am finally getting around to photographing and uploading some of my 
print-making from the weekend's print-making course
 I attended at The TLC campus in October.
The first thing I did was learn how to make a collagraph. 
I made several but my favourite is the Koru which made using textured vinyl 
I found in one of the drawers of supplies at TLC...
Then we were shown how to emboss from the collagraph
...and finally take a mono print..

I love the way this turned out.

Another collagraph..this time with strips of card adhered in a koru
an embossed image of the collagraph
and a mono print. I like the blend of green and yellow with this print.

My next collagraph was made using a mix of items: Hessian,a twig and the textured vinyl (heart)
..and a print (below)
Finally..an embossing using puzzle pieces
I have really enjoyed learning about print-making and during the week I went to the library and got out a stack of books to read up about print-making. I am really keen to continue to explore this art technique.
As well as print-making books I got some other art books of interest...
 I'm hoping to be able to purchase this one for myself
...and this one is of interest as it's been written by the print artist that has a studio in Keri Keri.
I was first shown a copy when I visited the Solander Art Gallery in Wellington 
but I didn't have the money to purchase it at the time.
Books about drawing, using pastels, fabric and making tiles...I love books!
I've just purchased this book from fishpond.co.nz...I can't wait to receive it!

TIME: TLC Print Making Course Weekend 
14 hours (13/14 Oct)
Time @ the Library: 1 hour (1 Nov)

No comments:

Post a Comment