Wednesday, 31 October 2012

Wellington Art Gallery Trail - Part 2


Heading down Willis Street in Wellington towards the Water Front...
..a mix a buildings: the old and the new..
..with the new dwarfing the old!
I found the Wellington City Art Gallery
...this building used to be the Library...
I sat on that bench there and ate my lunch
and people-watched for a bit...
and admired this sculpture suspended between the buildings
then I went and had a look around the City Gallery.
Unfortunately, they were between exhibitions so upstairs was cordoned off. 
The Kermadec Exhibition was very interesting though!
Onto the Academy of Fine Arts: Water Colours and Ceramics
What a GREAT display of amazing work!!
Shame I couldn't photograph any of it...but I'm really glad I got to see this!
Last, but not least...NZ Portrait Gallery
Here I saw a fabulous display of works inspired by children's artwork.
All so very inspiring! By this time it was about 4pm and I was feeling 
REALLY tired so headed on back to the Railway Station 
and got the next train back to Waikanae.

Time: 5 hours (19 October 2012)



No comments:

Post a Comment