I got inspired to have another little play this afternoon. This time I printed out half a dozen heart shaped templates and cut out the heart from two pages.
The first stencil I coloured yellow, the next orange.I thought it was red ink but it squeezed out orange. Never mind.... We just "playing and having fun"...
As I had orange inked up I went over the yellow heart masking it so I'd print the orange as a background. Of course the two colours didn't "meet" very well but ..we are not aiming for perfection, I tell myself...
So I take my next printed orange heart (that I had drying outside) and ink up my brayer with blue ink. I masked the orange heart with a smaller heart I'd cut out by hand and inked the masked heart, combining the blue with the exposed orange heart. I really like how this has turned out!
Then I decided I wanted some "texture" so I inked some nylon netting with the blue ink. I masked the orange background with the stencil and lay the inked net over the yellow heart covering it with newsprint and rolling over using a brayer to take a print of the netting.
Here I have again used the inked netting on the ghost print from yesterday.

I did the same with the apple stencil (that got water damaged in the rain yesterday) and finished both the ghost print and apple print with a blue stencilled heart. I'm really enjoying experimenting with these basic print-making techniques.
Here I have again used the inked netting on the ghost print from yesterday.

I did the same with the apple stencil (that got water damaged in the rain yesterday) and finished both the ghost print and apple print with a blue stencilled heart. I'm really enjoying experimenting with these basic print-making techniques.
Time: 2.5 hours (14 Nov)
1 hour editing photos/uploading (15 Nov)
Total time: 3.5 hours (14/15 Nov)
1 hour editing photos/uploading (15 Nov)
Total time: 3.5 hours (14/15 Nov)





No comments:
Post a Comment