Today I took the clay and had a "play"
First, I just studied it...the colour, the smoothness
and the solidness of the clay.
Then I plied it and moulded it
feeling it's coolness beneath my hands.
and the solidness of the clay.
Then I plied it and moulded it
feeling it's coolness beneath my hands.
At first I wasn't sure what to do..or what to make.
So I put myself into my "childlike state"
and did what most children would do with clay...
So I put myself into my "childlike state"
and did what most children would do with clay...
I rolled it into a sausage and coiled it like a snake
This reminded me of an elephant's trunk!
Next, I rolled small pieces into balls and stacked them on top
of one another. I was a little surprised to find they stood upright!
I like the slight variation in its vertical alignment and the way
the light and shadows play on the curved surfaces.
So then I shaped some leaves. I used a vegetable knife
to shape and score the clay.
a slightly twisted leaf
Two twisted leaves
Which lead me to google TWISTED LEAVES
and found these (many) IMAGES
I'm going to print out a few of my favourites
to add to my visual diary
...lots of inspiration!
Time: 3 hours (15 Nov)
includes photo editing/uploading












No comments:
Post a Comment