With the new Government Legislation (that came into effect on October 2012) and as a solo mother receiving the DPB (solo parent benefit) I might be faced with losing my Right to home-educate and will be required to look for paid employment. I hope to be able to continue my Art and Creativity Certificate but I am just not sure what next year holds for me. I am struggling to concentrate on anything.. but have tried to maintain some sort of creative momentum as I find this soothing and relaxing. Over the past two days I have been working on a Christmas Album using my hand-made banana palm paper.
I used the card-coard backing from an A3 art paper pad covered it with scrap-booking materials, decorated it and punched holes for the rings
Another view of the album
I've trimmed my handmade paper to fit
..and finally the back cover
I look forward to recording what we do as a family leading up to Christmas, purchasing and decorating the live tree and house with lights (for the first time) It's Rosie last Christmas before going away to study Vet Nursing in Hamilton and it'll her puppy's first Christmas (so I'll be out-and-about with my camera)...so no doubt there's going to be lots of tears and laughter!
I've also made attempts to start on my Project X.
Painted and Gesso'd...yes I KNOW your suppose to do it the other way around...but when have I done anything the "right" way LOL!
Starting to dry
I'm loving the texture of the cracking.
Still working on what going to happen next.
I have some ideas but they are all
jumbled up in my head.
I want to try some image transferring I think.
Time: Handmade Album - 10 hours (22/23 Nov)
Project X - 1 hour (20 Nov)
Photo editing/uploading - 1 hour
TOTAL: 12 hours (20-23 Nov)






No comments:
Post a Comment