Monday, 3 December 2012

Project X

My Project X is complete...
well, one of them...
I'm still working on another canvas which I want to
 incorporate the materials used for my Travelling Egg Project.

Here's how my canvas progressed over the week
 I wanted to try image transferring 
and had an idea of using this kowhai flower 
photo I took in the springtime
 The only gel medium I had was this crackle medium
 this was the image transferred on to fabric
Then I needed to go into to town, so went to 
Spotlight and bought some Modge Podge
and experimented with some 
other images on paper
It was this last image that formulated 
what I would do on one of the canvases
 I reversed the image in my photo-editing programme
and applied Modge Podge to the painted and gesso'd
canvas then use a spoon to burnish the image
 When it was completely dry I dipped my 
finger into a glass of water and carefully 
rubbed the paper to expose the 
transferred image...
 Despite taking care some of the transfer lifted off
and initially I was disappointed...
but I decided to use the "tattered effect" 
as part of the intended artwork as it
aptly reflects how battered I feel on 
this journey called LIFE! 
I've used scrap-booking paper and card-stock
 for the border and dried Artemisia absinthium
from my garden to embellish... 
and searched the Internet for quotes
 I'm REALLY happy how it has turned out!
Now to work on my "other"  Project X...

Time:12 hours (26/27/28 Nov)
 8 hours (3 Dec)
TOTAL: 20 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment