On Monday I had a crash-course on how to sculpture with Hebel stone. A lady at The BACH uses it for her sculptures and she was very willing to show me how to work with it. She has a little "shed" out the back of her house that is her work-spot. This is some of her work for sale at The BACH.
Isn't she talented?
She gave me several pieces of differing shapes and sizes and I have a list of tools to beg, borrow or steal
purchase as cheaply as I can, as well as some sealer and a dust mask. I can't wait to have a bit of a play!
I'm off to Wellington tomorrow for a week, going to be attending this workshop and visiting Te Papa.
I hope to return with loads of ideas and fresh inspiration.
Time: 1.5 hours (26 August 2013)




Hi found you on Suzanne's blog(forget me not)I Like those sculptures, saw your candles with the coffee beans, I want to try making our own candles this fall, do you wait for the wax to dry a bit before putting the beans in? Do you add scent to the wax as well? Thanks!
ReplyDeleteHi Gail. Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment. Sorry I'm only just seeing this now, but I have been away.
DeleteThe beans float on the hot wax so we did our candles in "layers" like a lasagna and yes I've add a little vanilla scent. I love the smell of vanilla but you could add orange or cinnamon would be nice!
Thankyou so much for visiting my blog, I have yet to try the encuastic art pack, I have to have my right head on. lol
ReplyDeleteThe carving of the stone looks great and so unusual, don't think I've seen this done before.
Enjoy your workshop.
Briony
x
Hi Briony! I'm always looking for my right head too LOL. I was looking at doing an Encaustic Art Workshop earlier in the year but didn't end up committing to it. I've heard it's an expensive art hobby. It would still be fun to try though.
DeleteI had a great time away. I'm in the process of doing a blog write-up about my time away :0)