Tuesday, 10 September 2013

Art Innovation Workshop - 31/08/2013

This was an amazing experience and it was awesome to meet with Jonathan and Alice. They were blown away by the fact I'd travelled ALL the way from Whangarei for the Workshop. I said it wasn't about the Workshop...it was about meeting them. They took me out for lunch and I cried. Their kindness and deep desire to "connect" astounded me. I still don't quite know where I'm going with this whole "art thing" but have decided, looking at Jonathan and Alice, that is not about the purpose but about the journey and blessings along the way.
Jonathan "explaining"  his art thoughts...
 
..and Alice, such a sweetie! So full of enthusiasm and energy!
 We were just a small group but by the end of the day, it was like being with "family"
Jonathan shared some of his techniques for creating a simple abstract.
Dropping shredded paper onto the floor. I would have never have thought of doing something so straight-forward! I tend to over-complicate everything in my mind and then get frustrated and disappointed! 
"Embossed Abstract"
Photo-edited with ACDsee
We also got to play with things like paper plate and feathers and wooden skewers.
I forgot how liberating it is being like a kid!
Photo-edited in ACDsee

I wont be sharing photos of the art I did, but I will share that I had the most meaningful day and learned new things about myself that I'm still pondering over.
 After the Workshop ended I went back to Gisele's (been a TLC student) home and stayed over night with her. There was a bit of a mix up with communication I was in such a differ that I forgot to get in touch with her about my plans and when I arrived in Upper Hutt I realised (ONCE again!!) I didn't have her cell phone number. *thumps head*
I didn't get any pics of Gisele and I and she was up and out early on Sunday but I did get a few photos of her dog.. He is an Akita and very protective of his human's bed LOL!
"Tonka"
On Sunday, I caught the train from Trentham to Wellington.
 I was early and saw the train come in from Wellington
..and then leave for Upper Hutt at which point it returns to Wellington.The train driver waved at me as I took photos. He must have thought I was a weirdo. Or maybe just a tourist. Which I was. Am. But not really, as hey, Upper Hutt is my old stomping ground!

Time: 6 hours 31/08/2013
(Innovation Workshop)

Next up: Wellington City and Te Papa

4 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a good experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was exhausted when I got home, Susan but it was SO worth the journey!

      Delete
  2. Those photos were amazing in their edited format...very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete