Saturday, 17 August 2013

Sorting, shuffling, filing and pasting...

Today, I spent the afternoon sorting, shuffling, and pasting all my bits and bobs and things I've printed out into my Visual Diary. I've found some Clear-file folders for storing information I've printed out from the Internet. Project ideas from Cloth, Paper Scissors and Art Journal inspirational pages, so I'm feeling quite good and organised. One of the things I want to star doing with my visual Diary is start jotting down WHAT ideas I  have or what do I do with the art or pictures that have inspired me. I NEED to start WRITING more. Hence my eagerness to include regular art journalling. What I DON'T do enough of, is write out MY THOUGHTS. I have to admit being a little afraid of that so we shall see if I can commit to it!

Edited to add pics that I was too tired to upload last night
 Some time ago I made this Accordion Book
 with paper I'd marbled using oils paint and turps.
With tidying up I came across it again and also
a print out of some quotes about "Thoughts"
I knew then and there what I was going
to use my accordion book for!
 Here's what it looks like now...
 A Closeup of the Quotes
 

The other side of the accordion pages.
Close up pics on the quotes on this side.
I'm really happy with it now it has a purpose and it is
small enough that I can carry it with mein my bag
or if I go away, to remind me to stay positive.

The other thing I work on last night was this..
All I want to do now is add some wording/
journalling to the wings. I googled quotes on the net
about 'Wings' and 'Flying" and found a number
that I really like so my next challenge is to
trust myself to hand write some of my favourites.

Time: 8 hours (Saturday 17 Aug)
drawing, stamping, mixed media, words, quotes.

No comments:

Post a Comment