Day in day out I have many thoughts floating around in my head. Some are nice...some, not so nice. Best thing I can do is get them out and art journalling is a good way to combine being creative with words. I had this stupid idea I could so one a day. Not possible as it takes me half the day to get going and the next day it seems, to complete it. In between what I wanted to say the day before often changes so it sort of defeats the process but oh well..it is was it is. I also know that thinking positive helps to blast out the negativity so including encouraging words, where possible on my pages but with all the word possibilities sometimes I feel overwhelmed by what I want to say and I don't get ANYTHING down as a result. Why can't life just be simple....
Start with a colour. I felt like pink..and white
Cover with a piece of glad wrap
and gently smear with hands.
Take care not to rip it!
Keep doing it until get the desired effect.
I also had painted a second B/G
A pale purple one that I used the glad wrap
used on the pink page so I blended the pinks
and purples and white and got this...
I used this for wings
which I free-handed
and painted a heart which I then
free-hand drew in black pen
Cut out the heart...
and then get distracted...
..and go back to the pink/white background!
Gesso a stamp...I got this set cheap of Trade Me
Cut out letters from the newspaper.
I want to remind myself to Hope,
Dream, Believe..and Don't Give Up.
Very happy with this page.
I makes me feel peaceful
Start on a new background.
This time blue...
add some white to the blue paint and brush
over the bubble side of bubble wrap
add more white paint
and cover with Glad Wrap
Finish of with the bubble wrap
to get desired texture
Get distracted and paint
some new back-grounds..
this time a purple with white swirls
and a mint green...I'm on a roll!
Time: 7 hours
painting/drawing
















No comments:
Post a Comment