Sunday, 14 April 2013

The Whangarei Community Tapestry Project Grand Opening ..and Blog

Since becoming involved with The BACH as a member in 2012 and working (voluntarily) behind the counter a couple of times each month, I have been aware of plans for a community tapestry project.
In February, stock was shifted to make room for the huge loom that was to support the tapestry and in March, a tapestry workshop was held in readiness of the The Grand Opening. 
On Wednesday the 10th April 2013, The Opening Ceremony took place at The BACH, with the Mayor cutting undoing the ribbon rope and officially declaring the Whangarei Community Tapestry Project open.
As I became more interested in the project I suggested that I could record the process with Blog and Facebook page and found myself "on the committee" as a result. I attended the Grand Opening to take photos to put up on the Whangarei Community Tapestry Project Blog

 14 hours (April 7-14)
photography, making the WCTP Blog 
and uploading photos of Tapestry Work Shop
2.5 hours (April 10) 
Attending The Grand Opening Ceremony, Photography

Time: 16.5 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment