Just doing a bit of online "surfing"
And came across this You Tube video
I want to be like this when I grow up!
Monday, Tues and Wednesday
were spent cooking up more batches
of ginger pulp, saving the laundry water
to rinse the fibres, watching resource DVD's
and taking a mold from the face cast.
I also have been working on the canvas
project as well as the fabric printing
and thinking about what I'm
going to do for my Alter Ego Mask.
Yesterday (Thursday) was my Mum's 75th Birthday. I made her a cake and decorated it. My theme was loosely fitted around her gift, a bird bath which incidentally, took way more time finding one I liked, than I bargained for! I am really happy how the cake turned out and as a family, we had a lovely evening together celebrating her life. (PICS to follow)
Repainting the leaf printed "botch-up"
I cut in in half and painted the other side a sky blue
I have an "idea" for this...
I bought a second 30X30cm canvas
and painted it with the mauve-coloured paint.
This is for my Project X: Part 2
While that was drying I rewatched the DVD
so I could remember what to do for the cast mold
Inside Vaselined and ready to go
sitting on my paper "doughnut"
I made up half the suggested amount
as I didn't want to make up too much
Weighing out the powder
and measuring out the water
The water in container the plaster will be mixed in
I had this idea I would use a chop stick to mix the plaster...
..it didn't work..
..so it was IN with the hands, like Roger said to do!
While the PoP was setting I rinsed out another
batch of ginger pulp fibres for paper making..
After an hour or so I tried releasing the mold
...it came out really easy...
...but, oh..it's was pretty rough-looking!
Next time i know to spend a bit more time smoothing
the wet bandage to get all the creases out
It looks terrible LOL!
The mold and cast
..and a pretty leaf on a tree I walked past
when I was out with Kaeli, the puppy.
I love the shape!
Time: 6 hours (1-3 April)
Resource 6: Face Cast Mold,
Paper-making pulp prep,
Project X, Canvas,
Drawing into Paint,
Painting on Hessian
No comments:
Post a Comment