For the past few years I have attended
a Scrap-booking Retreat in Dunedin.
It is held at Tirohanga Camp which
is situated on the beautiful Taieri Plains.
A peaceful 75 acre location surrounded by bush
and bird
life five minutes from Mosgiel
and 20 minutes from Dunedin
and 15
minutes from the Dunedin airport.
This is my third year attending and over the weekendone of the ladies asked how I got to hear about the camp
given I'm the only North Islander who attends.
At first I couldn't remember! But then, one of the camp
organisers reminded me about Scrap Book Outlet, an online
scrap-booking forum and shop that is now closed down.
There is a maximum of 25 but this year only 17 attended.
We all congregate in the camp hall that is heated with a
kent fire to keep us warm while we scrap-book to our
hearts content! It is a really relaxing time and the two woman
who organise the camp always have fun challenges
with prizes at the end of the Scrap-booking Retreat.
Interesting how I never noticed this lovely
Triptych before this certificate course!
I lovely the textures, colour and shapes.
I went for a bit of a wander on
the Sunday and took a few photos...
The colours weren't quite as stunning as I had hoped.
Maybe it was because they'd had an unusually warm autumn..??
Maybe it was because they'd had an unusually warm autumn..??
I got only eight pages completed compared to some
of the other woman who did 30-40 pages!
of the other woman who did 30-40 pages!
My first page was for the "Colour Orange" challenge.
I'm not a fan of orange (growing up in the 70's)
but I like the soft hues in this photo-edited
picture of my daughter, Sarah.I was really
scared of "wrecking it" with my hand-written
wording but I am happy enough with it so
that's gotta be good progress!
This second page is for the "Sketch Challenge"
The only photo I had taken to Dunedin related to my home was this one with the sprinkler watering the potatoes. I love how it has turned out...love the colours, my hand-made "flowers" and the rub-on definition!
The only photo I had taken to Dunedin related to my home was this one with the sprinkler watering the potatoes. I love how it has turned out...love the colours, my hand-made "flowers" and the rub-on definition!
I've used the Art Full Crafts Competition Sketch
Challenge Details
Home is where the Heart is
We're looking forward to seeing projects which show the favourite parts of your home or garden, or perhaps home decor pieces that you've created for yourself or a friend. What about house-warming cards or even a layout showing why you love living in your little piece of paradise? You are welcome to be creative with our themes.
Prizes
1) Overall challenge winner - $50 prize pack of home decor Kaisercraft projects
2) Sketch winner - $30 pack of Kaisercraft's new Needle and Thread products
3) New entrant winner - $20 gift voucher from Artfull Crafts
All the other photos I had with me were of my niece,
Trelise.She is my younger brother's only child and lives
in Christchurch so I do not get to see her much.
These photos were taken in October 2011
when I visited for her 2nd birthday
This page was for the Challenge
and this one was for the "Bling" Challenge
This page was for the "Ribbon" Challenge...
..and this one for a page or card with stamping
I did this page for the "Four or More Photos" challenge
I decided I only wanted two photos visible on this page
so made a little Pull-Out Concertina using card...
..and added a quote as well.
I love the fussy-cut trees..perfect
embellishments for these photos.
For the "Flower" Challenge.
Not my most favourite but, hey it's done!
This was the prize I won! My name wasn't drawn "out of the hat"
for the challenges, but I won a door prize..woohoo!
An album, papers, cut outs, rub ons and stickers
with an "Antique" theme. I going to use this
to record family history!
Time: 3 hours Thursday evening
12 hours Friday
12 hours Saturday
2 hours Sunday
Total: 29 hours (25-28 April)
Scrap-booking, photography
with an "Antique" theme. I going to use this
to record family history!
Time: 3 hours Thursday evening
12 hours Friday
12 hours Saturday
2 hours Sunday
Total: 29 hours (25-28 April)
Scrap-booking, photography



















No comments:
Post a Comment