Monday, 15 April 2013

Japanese Pottery and Art Inspiration
My neighbour loaned me some books recently
and I was really inspired by this one in particular.
I really enjoyed working with clay and sometime 
am interested in having a go at making some pottery. 
I have a friend with a kiln too which could be useful.
hmmm...cool shapes!
I just adore these randomly-shaped vessels
..aren't they cute? I love the hand-painted designs, too.
The one on the right reminds me of a rooster!
Love the twisted handles on the mugs...
...years ago (about 25) when I was living in Wellington
 I purchased a teapot very similar to this jug... 
Love the shapes..
..and hand-painted designs.
Interesting...
In it's raw state?
Love the patterns and shape!
More cool shapes...
..and detail
Wow...so talented...
...and it looks so much like leather!
Cool...I love the leaves on this!
..and the textures on 
Amazing detail!
Love the door and knocker...
Such incredible work 
and great inspiration!

I also printed out some info about pottery 
and print-making for future reference.
These will be cut and glued into my visual diary
along with pictures of the above pottery.

Time: 1 hour - April 15
Books, Art Inspiration, Pottery, 
3D sculpture, visual diary

No comments:

Post a Comment