Taking a mask from the mold
I've used some of my hand-made paper with PVA but I'm a bit stumped of "where to go" with this. This is for my ALTER EGO I tried a bit of brain-storming and had orginally thought of doing something to reflect my liking of mature and plants/the forest etc. Then I came up with the ideas of doing half-half mask and making four masks, one for each season doing one side counteracting the other ...Like the pros and cons of the seasons reflecting the pros and cons in life....and my constant conflicting state of mind!
I also thought about somehow using the fleece I've been given for mask and did some research online about felting and became quite inspired by this idea, too....
I also thought about somehow using the fleece I've been given for mask and did some research online about felting and became quite inspired by this idea, too....
And then,
I don't know....
Maybe it should more reflect me personally but I'm not sure what my alter-ego is...so I did some googling.
An alter ego (Latin, "the other I") is a second self, which is believed to be distinct from a person's normal or original personality. A person who has an alter ego is said to lead a double life. The term appeared in common usage in the early 19th century when dissociative identity disorder was first described by psychologists.Cicero was the first to coin the term as part of his philosophical construct in 1st century Rome, but he described it as "a second self, a trusted friend".
A distinct meaning of alter ego can be found in literary analysis, wherein it describes characters in different works who are psychologically similar, or a fictional character whose behavior, speech or thoughts intentionally represent those of the author. It's also used to design the best friend of another character in a story. Similarly, the term alter ego may be applied to the role or persona taken on by an actor or by other types of performers.
The existence of "another self" was first recognized in the 1730s. Anton Mesmer used hypnosis to separate the alter ego. These experiments showed a behavior pattern that was distinct from the personality of the individual when he was in the waking state compared to when he was under hypnosis. Another character had developed in the altered state of consciousness but in the same body.
Alter ego is also used to refer to the different behaviors any person may display in certain situations. Related concepts include avatar, doppelgänger, impersonator, and Dissociative identity disorder (DID).
Source:Wikipedia
I'm not sure what my second self is.
I will keep in think and doing some more googling while on ponder on this
This arrived on Friday. Methyl cellulose is what Sue used at the TLC Paper-Making Course to size the paper. I was able to get it online. I can now put the cooked ginger fibres (that are in several ice-cream containers in the fridge) through the food processor and make up the paper
I think it'll have to wait until I get back from Dunedin though. I fly down from Auckland on Thursday for a Scrap-booking Retreat and I still need to organised what craft supplies I'm going to take and IF I'm even going to do scrap-booking. I might just take down some stuff to do art journalling...I'm not sure. I've got so much "other (life) stuff" going on I'm finding it difficult to think, concentrate and make decisions.
Yesterday I was at The BACH from 9.30 am to 4.30 pm. There was lots of interest in the community tapestry project and I took several photos during the day of kids having a go on the mini-looms.
You can see photos here on The Whangarei Community Tapestry Blog...
I also had the opportunity to look through some of the Tapestry books for looking at and found myself getting inspired to try a little tapestry of my own.
I also had the opportunity to look through some of the Tapestry books for looking at and found myself getting inspired to try a little tapestry of my own.
I salvaged this from my garden clippings with the idea of using it for sculpture with my handmade paper. Again it was something Sue showed us how to do it at the course.
I did some research on the internet and bookmarked LOTS of website with ideas for 3D sculpture, leaf molds, making books and felting with fleece.
Love these leaves and want to try making some
I did some research on the internet and bookmarked LOTS of website with ideas for 3D sculpture, leaf molds, making books and felting with fleece.
Love these leaves and want to try making some
Time: 2 hours (19 April)
mask-making with handmade paper, researching mask ideas etc
2 hours (20 April)
researching about 3D sculpture, leaf molds,
felting with fleece and making books
2 hours (21 April)
photography, brain-storming (for the mask)
reading about tapestry-making
3 hours (22 April)
where I'm at
uploading pics and thoughts onto my blog




No comments:
Post a Comment