Monday, 18 February 2013

Resource 4: Drawing for All Your Worth #3

I've had a good a productive weekend.
I worked some more on my Koru on Saturday
and Sunday spent the afternoon working
on Resource 4 exercises.
Before adding the pastels..
..and after.
I plan on adding text but I'm not sure what 
or how. I have to admit to being afraid
of "messing it up" so I will put it to one
side until I know for sure.

I had to watch the DVD again today to 
comprehend the exercises in the resource
 and found it to be really visually helpful...
 Playing with ink and wet paper...
 Swirling the ink...
Blobs and strokes
For the first drawing exercise I
decided to try sketching my foot
I used this photo...
cropped, enlarged it and
turned it grey scale
my sketch - using tone and
shading to define shape
Playing it "safe"...but I'm happy with it
 Wooden fruit - more tone/shading
Inspired by these photos...
a kauri pear half
..and an apple
I found it really enjoyable and
satisfying drawing these..
Still playing it safe though!
edited on my computer
to intensify colour/tone
"Pushing the boat out" with a 
quickly-sketched pastel drawing
(and trying to loosen up!)
It looks a bit weird now that 
I've photographed it ..it looks
a bit like a mustard pot...lol!
So then I changed the colour
of the apple...
..and "pixilated" it.
This was my inspiration for the grid
exercise recognising tonal structure
Doesn't really look like an apple
any more does it? LOL!

Saturday-2 hours
Sunday-6 hours
Total: 8 hours (16/17 Feb)

No comments:

Post a Comment