Friday, 8 February 2013

Art journalling and a bit of drawing

I had great plans of having a productive day yesterday
but it kinda didn't happen that way. 
I have a new routine (which is set to change again!)
It goes like this: 
5.45 am Alarm wakes me...I hit snooze.
5.50 am Alarm wakes me again...I hit snooze. Again.
5.50 am alarm gets me up. Coffee!!
6-7 am Paper Runs but tomorrow is my last day..yay!
7 am More coffee..and walk the dog.
7.30 am Wake Cam for school. 
Have breakfast with him. 
Make his lunch while he's showering etc.
8.20-8.30 am drive Cam to school
9 am Do dishes, put laundry on
Put rabbit/guineas out in run
Feed/water birds/cat etc
Water garden
Dry dishes
Hang clothes out
Vacuum house
Check emails
10.30 am SIT DOWN TO DO ART
My Dad arrives for a visit...
His youngest sister has passed away
My Auntie Margaret *sniff*
We talk...and reminisce
No art until he goes
 Very happy with how this turned out. 
Love the colour combo

The Colour Pink
Cherry blossoms with pink color palette

Brighter pinks are youthful, fun, and exciting, while vibrant pinks have the same high energy as red; they are sensual and passionate without being too aggressive. Toning down the passion of red with the purity of white results in the softer pinks that are associated with romance and the blush of a young woman's cheeks. It's not surprising that when giving or receiving flowers, pink blossoms are a favorite. Pink is the color of happiness and is sometimes seen as lighthearted. For women who are often overworked and overburdened, an attraction to pink may speak of a desire for the more carefree days of childhood.

How the color pink affects us physically

  • Bright pinks, like the color red, stimulate energy and can increase the blood pressure, respiration, heartbeat, and pulse rate. They also encourage action and confidence.
  • Pink has been used in prison holding cells to effectively reduce erratic behavior.


Meaning of the Color Blue



The meaning, symbolism and psychology of the colour blue

Blue is the overwhelming "favorite color." Blue is seen as trustworthy, dependable and committed. The color of sky and the ocean, blue is perceived as a constant in our lives.

As the collective color of the spirit, it invokes rest and can cause the body to produce chemicals that are calming; however not all blues are serene and sedate. Electric or brilliant blues become dynamic and dramatic, an engaging color that expresses exhilaration.

Some shades or the overuse of blue may come across as cold or uncaring. Blue is the least "gender specific" color, having equal appeal to both men and women.


How the color blue affects us physically and mentally
* Calming and sedate
* Cooling
* Aids intuition

^*^*^*^*^*^*^

I came across a book in my bookcase
 I've had for years. I think I brought 
it before the kids were born, with the
intentions of learning to paint and draw


 Flipping through the pages
inspired me to try a bit of drawing
now I was " warmed up" with the art 
journalling over the past few days
 So I got a cucumber
photographed it as I had 
trouble "seeing"  the tones
 Grayscale Cuke...
My humble attempt at drawing.
Needs a bit more texture 
but not sure how to go 
about it...
 While looking into space,
 and thinking..
My eye saw these pieces of fruit. 
Half pieces. And a whole...
 I think I could draw these.
And like them. Maybe.
So that's my plan for tomorrow

Time: 3 hours (Thursday 7 Feb)






No comments:

Post a Comment