woohoo I did it! After several weeks of struggling to be creative, and lots of other things going on in my life that has taken precedence, it has finally happened...
I've had a breakthrough....and found my mojo
January was going to be a great month catching up on my art hours. Every day though, there was something that interrupted those plans and regretfully, the month came to an end with none done. I did try. Several times. I had my art things out waiting for that appointed moment when artist and medium would meet together over a sheet of paper. I felt like such a failure...it had happened! I'd become a useless, dumb procrastinator. Something I swore I'd never be "when I grew up" Even while the kids were away at Parachute (surely that would be the perfect time to do art, yes??)...but I couldn't get anything to transpire!
This morning Rachel, my TLC Mentor phoned and we talked overcoming mental blocks that arise in our lives. She even suggested I consider pulling out of the programme as I am so far behind in my hours! That really saddened me.
So when we finished up our conversation, I knew I just HAD to press on and break through...so I decided to paint. Something. ANYTHING! I had read about using a credit card to paint with and found an old Fly Buys card. And anyway, my foot was so sore I couldn't walk on it (therefore sitting and doing some art was the perfect way to rest it). Miss 16 suggested I soak my feet in the foot-spa, which she went and got ready for me to use we sat at the table together while she did some Correspondence School work. Then my Mum turned up and sat with us and while we chatted, I kept on "playing" and painting and creating....
Here's what I did...
I've used a sheet of paper from an old telephone
book and applied a coat of Gesso. It dried really
quickly being summer so with a credit card I've
applied some paint in sun-ray fashion
then applied a little more Gesso
and used the credit card to splay
Working on this got me thinking about where
I'm at artistically and creatively
The words BREAK THROUGH kept going
round my head and the "rays" remind me of
something breaking open.
My next page, again using a sheet of paper
from the telephone book and a coat of Gesso
Dragging the credit card down the length
of the page gave this streaked effect.
I've splodged on a little more gesso over the
paint and one of my handmade knitted
dish cloths to add more texture
a bit of stamping with ink
"Don't Despair"
More to come tomorrow...
Time: 5 1/2 hours (1st Feb 2013)






Nice job Julz!
ReplyDeleteThis is great Julia!
ReplyDelete