Saturday, 2 February 2013

More credit card painting/Art Journalling... "Warm Ups"

 I finished this page off this morning.
I fancied a little doodling around the edge.
I used to doodle a lot when I was in my early
teens...my desire is to recapture that ability
The words are to inspire me to 
KEEP GOING and not give up!
..a close up of the stamping and background
I like how the wording is diffused and subtle
but still there. Kind of like the thoughts in my head!
I like the yellows and reds for this and did an online 
 search about colour meanings and their psychology
Here's what I found....


Meaning of the Colour Yellow


The meaning, symbolism and psychology of the colour yellow 
Yellow shines with optimism, enlightenment, and happiness. Shades of golden yellow carry the promise of a positive future. Yellow will advance from surrounding colours and instill optimism and energy, as well as spark creative thoughts.

How the colour yellow affects us mentally and physically
* Mentally stimulating
* Stimulates the nervous system
* Activates memory
* Encourages communication



Meaning of the Colour Orange

The meaning, symbolism and psychology of the colour orange 
Orange, a close relative of red, sparks more controversy than any other hue. There is usually strong positive or negative association to orange and true orange generally elicits a stronger "love it" or "hate it" response than other colours. Fun and flamboyant orange radiates warmth and energy. Interestingly, some of the tones of orange such as terracotta, peach or rust have very broad appeal.
 

How the colour orange affects us mentally and physically
* Stimulates activity
* Stimulates appetite
* Encourages socialization
 


Meaning of the Colour Red


The meaning, symbolism and psychology of the colour red 
Red has more personal associations than any other colour. Recognized as a stimulant red is inherently exciting and the amount of red is directly related to the level of energy perceived. Red draws attention and a keen use of red as an accent can immediately focus attention on a particular element.

How the colour red affects us mentally and physically
* Increases enthusiasm
* Stimulates energy
* Encourages action and confidence
* A sense of protection from fears and anxiety


*******

Isn't that interesting?!?!
I find I am hugely affected by colour and find it
really intriguing how different colours how they "speak to me"

Well...
I had a bit of a "mental block" in the afternoon.
Thought I needed to do something
more creative, something...
better ...
 whatever that is !!
So after a few "hiccups" I decided, if it ain't broken don't fix it
and continued making art journal backgrounds..
 Gesso'd paper, ready for paint
 loving the swirls and blending of tones
 Loving these two with the criss-cross effect
 
 I've blotted the green paint
with a rag to give texture.
I'm working on this one presently
and will finish it in the morning.

Time today: 6 hours (2nd Feb, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment