Friday, 21 June 2019

M1: Process Week 5 (27 May)

Phone call with Dane 10.45 am Tuesday 27 May

Things we talked about: Acknowledging what you and the work is doing


ReSEARCH

Drawing, Painting and Sculpture - print outs


SCLERODERMA OF PAUL KLEE, PART I: THE AFFECT OF THE DISEASE ON THE MAN AND HIS ART

ACTION PAINTING

Artists
Franz_Kline: Large brush strokes
Franz-kline/artwork

After reading up about Frank Kline's painting techniques and watching some YouTube videos I felt very inspired to experiment with large brush, strokes something I've not done before. It was so very liberating and freeing!
Then I squirted in a swirling motion the remaining white paint I had left in a tube. As the paint ran out, it came in spurts and splodges, creating interesting patterns over the paper. 
Whereas the paint initially flowed in a fine stream, as it ran dry it fell as globules which was most interesting to observe.
Finally, I took a clean paint brush and with a sweeping motion, swipe it across the white paint.
I love the energy it created!
The next idea I had was to pour red onto the black and white marks. By diluting the paint with a little water in a cup with a small lip, I found it easier to tip out. The mess it made as it splattered was astounding and had me panicking and running out to grab some wet rags to mop up the paint on the floor and walls!
I was intrigued to notice how stressed it (the mess on the floor/walls) made me feel, but loved all the patterns made on the by the splattered red paint. 
When it came to editing the images for loading on the TLC workroom I had a bit of fun rotating and mirroring the photos. To me, the cup appears to be floating in mid-air.
Here, I drizzled red paint in a continuous line striking out the letters of my name. Not sure why, I think subconsciously because it felt irrelevant because letters are representational symbols.

No comments:

Post a Comment