Research/Reading
Minimalism - minimalist art offers a highly purified form of beauty. It can also be seen as representing such qualities as truth (because it does not pretend to be anything other than what it is), order, simplicity and harmony.
Kim de Ruysscher is known for his impressive sculptures and installations: products of calculated perfection, emphasizing the banality of everyday life.
Read about The science of crumpled paper
My study of crumpled paper - tossed and photographed repetitively.
This week I decided to experiment crumpling and tossing newspaper. As I lay on the floor, the reflection of colour and shapes was the first thing I noticed.
At times the paper appeared to be floating but
also gently resting on the floor surface.
I reduced the saturation so I could observe the lines, tones and shapes
Next I observed the lines, shapes and tones of the leaves.
Leaves - threaded and strung up on wire
Leaves - stacked
Lines of Reflections
Leaves - Highly Strung
















No comments:
Post a Comment