Week 4 (20 May)
Readings
Lectures
Mentor Discussions
Group Discussions
Research (Theoretical)
Paraffin_wax
The science of paraffin-wax
Oils-medium/paraffin-wax/
Waxes and oil paints
Paraffin_wax
The science of paraffin-wax
Oils-medium/paraffin-wax/
Waxes and oil paints
Research (Practical)
Wax and pigment peelings - the cooled remnants (upturned)
I noticed the pigment concentrations in the wax when inverted.
Wax, synthetics and plastics (bubble-wrap) - heated.
Solidified wax peelings.

Acrylic pigments on plastic
Solidified wax peelings and acrylic pigments
Paint peelings on a horizontal surface (left) and on a vertical surface (right)
Handmade paper - texture
Here I melted candle wax and added small amounts of oil pigments. the wax was then poured onto the horizontal surface pooling quickly and running when the support was lifted to a vertical position. I started with yellow pigment and add blue in increments.
Adding synthetic and plastic materials which I heated and observed the processes and changes they underwent
Wax, synthetics and plastics - on vertical
Wax and pigmentWax and pigment peelings - the cooled remnants (upturned)
I noticed the pigment concentrations in the wax when inverted.
Wax, synthetics and plastics (bubble-wrap) - heated.
Solidified wax peelings.

Acrylic pigments on plastic
Solidified wax peelings and acrylic pigments
Paint peelings on a horizontal surface (left) and on a vertical surface (right)
Handmade paper - texture
Leaf patterns and textures - materiality??
Heated fabric on a horizontal (above) surface and vertical surface (below)









No comments:
Post a Comment