Last weeks efforts were a disaster...
all three pieces cracked on me.
I was quite pleased with myself though
as it didn't upset me knowing I can
reconstitute the clay and reuse it.
It also led me to hunt out info on the
internet about why clay cracks and
One of the more experiences potters suggested I use
grad-wrap (plastic cling) between the clay and the mold
It made removing the frame a piece of cake.
Fingers crossed, THIS one works!
Some of the women who come to the clay workshop on a Tuesday.
Working in a group has been good for me as they have
usually made all the mistakes I'm, as a newby, making!
I tried the flower mold again, this time lined with glad-wrap.
I've covered my clay items with a damp cloth to slow down the
drying time so looking forward to seeing them on Thursday as I'm
planning on attending a print-making workshop for the first time.
Clay Workshop - 4 hours
8 April 2014
No comments:
Post a Comment