This morning was week 2 for the Art Journalling Workshop with Jane Cunningham. We meet at 9.30 am each Monday for 12 weeks in the scallop Room at The Quarry Arts Centre. Jane's workshop is based on the book "Women Who Run With Wolves" by Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes. This weeks theme was EAT, which is a complex topic for most women....I've yet to met someone who is absolutely fine with their relationship to food/body image and emotions! This was a particularly painful subject for me (as I had an eating disorder in my teens/early 20's) and I shared a little about my love/hate relationship with eating/nourishing myself. It's something I'm still working through and probably will be until I die. I've yet to complete my page but will continue to work on it over the coming week. I'm not sure if I'll share it here. I might just show a "bit of it" ....
I work at The BACH this afternoon filling in for Briar as she had an appointment in Auckland. I tried to do a little sketching (as it was quite quiet) but it just wasn't "happening" for me so ended up working on the tapestry for the last 45 mins before shutting up shop.
Art Journalling/Mixed Media
4 hours
No comments:
Post a Comment