Sadly my clay book covers have broken while drying so I'm in the process of coming up
with "Plan B" which is making them stronger with paper clay.
I've been doing a little research and found some websites about making paper clay and from this paper clay Recipe I thought I'd try. I also came across an article about the original creator of paper clay which was interesting to read. I'm thinking I'd like to diversify a little and recycle my handmade paper-off cuts.
I've got it soaking in a container of water presently. May be even try some firing on a BBQ but I'm
not sure how that would work with what I'm wanting to try.
The package of mordants (and spectralite) has arrived and I'm keen to do some more indigo dying. Beverley (from The BACH) who invited me to the Indigo Dyeing Workshop did a stitching shibori technique that she said dyed really effectively. She was going to bring/share her pieces to work with her in the weekend but forgot so hope she'll remember to bring it in another time I'm rostered on to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment