Thursday, 13 February 2014

Quarry Arts Casual Clay Class

Clay leaves - I made these last week but didn't have my camera.
They are drying nicely


I love the shape of this one but (sadly) it's
 not the right size/shape for my soaps.

I'm trying so more slab tiles for my books.
..but this time I'm trying a bit of "texture" on the reverse.
This piece of netting (nylon?) came 
with my gas bottle replacement.
This is the pattern it leaves behind.
Hopefully it'll help reduce fracturing of the clay.
Using evergreen materials (again)
because I love the patterns
These tiles are half the size of those above 
they measure approx 3-4 inch square.
More leaf prints
Not sure if this'll work but going to
"give it a go"....just for fun!

PAPER CLAY
I'm pretty excited about my handmade paper clay!
There's a mix of ginger and flax paper 
scraps that I'm working in to the clay.

It was like playing with a cow pat LOL!!
It's been set aside to absorb or the moisture so I
 can work with it without it sticking to my hands.

Time: 4 hours
Causal Clay Class
Tuesday 11 Feb 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment