Wednesday night I ended up at White Cross ER. I was in such much pain I just couldn't stop crying. X-Rays
show no break so it's a tissue injury that I'm dealing with. Got
prescribed some heavy-duty drugs (Voltaren and Panadeine) and went
straight to bed after getting back home and taking the new meds. Sleep enveloped me pretty
quickly and though I woke periodically during the night in pain, I'm
feeling much better the next morning. Once the drugs wear off..Boy, do I
know about it! I feel stupid leaving it so long to get medical help. I
don't know why I did that. Suffering for 10 days in pain doesn't make
sense at all.... "I" don't make sense at all.
Thursday, had a counselling appointment in the morning. I talked about the pain, my
frustrations with myself being in pain. Trying to carry on and ignore the
pain..trying to cope with the emotional issues arising between my kids.
Trying and failing because of the pain. I need to take care of me so I
can heal. I keep telling myself it's OK for me to take care of me. That I'm not being selfish or self-centered....
So, I've been spending a lot of time here..in my bed.
Resting, with a wheatie (like a hot-water bottle)

..and when I've been up to it I done a little art.
Some doodling....
..some drawing and colouring..
..and some painting.Well, applying
water to the water-colour drawing!
I'm not sure about the background.
I quite like the "textured" look...
Oh...and I love my tree!
I used Indian ink on water colour paper.
The background, coloured a soft blue.
I've also been reading.
These books my neighbour loaned me about
Paul Klee have been really interesting.
They are pretty "intense" and "deep"...
but his explorations and explanations has
opened my eyes to a greater artistic understanding.
I "get" what he means by looking at form vs lack of form (chaos)
of line and shape and movement.
He explores how art happens based on nature
..and life forces. I never thought about that!
His investigations of primal art forms intrigue me
as well as his research of and relationship to nature.
What is interesting is, until I read about Paul Klee's interpretation, I would have looked at the above picture and my first thought would have been "it's a patchwork quilt!" Now, I'm seeing it though Klee's eyes..a pattern of rotations in colour.
And this is not just a beautifully-decorated cake..
...but an intricate design of line and form in shape.
So I've purchased some art books from FISHPOND
I've been able to get two of them second-hand
for only $5....How cool is that!
They are...
I'm very excited about getting them and know they will be very useful and a great source of inspiration and information.
Week 4: 10 hours
drawing/painting/reading/
researching the principles of art and artists
So, I've been spending a lot of time here..in my bed.
Resting, with a wheatie (like a hot-water bottle)
..and when I've been up to it I done a little art.
..some drawing and colouring..
..and some painting.Well, applying
water to the water-colour drawing!
I'm not sure about the background.
I quite like the "textured" look...
Oh...and I love my tree!
I used Indian ink on water colour paper.
The background, coloured a soft blue.
I've also been reading.
These books my neighbour loaned me about
Paul Klee have been really interesting.
They are pretty "intense" and "deep"...
but his explorations and explanations has
opened my eyes to a greater artistic understanding.
I "get" what he means by looking at form vs lack of form (chaos)
of line and shape and movement.
He explores how art happens based on nature
..and life forces. I never thought about that!
His investigations of primal art forms intrigue me
as well as his research of and relationship to nature.
What is interesting is, until I read about Paul Klee's interpretation, I would have looked at the above picture and my first thought would have been "it's a patchwork quilt!" Now, I'm seeing it though Klee's eyes..a pattern of rotations in colour.
And this is not just a beautifully-decorated cake..
...but an intricate design of line and form in shape.
So I've purchased some art books from FISHPOND
I've been able to get two of them second-hand
for only $5....How cool is that!
They are...
Week 4: 10 hours
drawing/painting/reading/
researching the principles of art and artists

No comments:
Post a Comment