After spending a couple of days groaning on the couch, hugging a hottie Thankfully, I'm starting to feel a bit better. I still don't want to try coughing or sneezing but good enough to attempt a little art. It was a lovely day yesterday. Sunny and surprisingly mild for July.
I friend gave a canvas a couple of months ago.I'd put it aside until I worked out what to do with it. Well, I decided. I've been having more counselling with a Psychologist and it wasn't until the last of my free sessions that I noticed a set of three blank green canvases hanging on her wall. Bizzare, was my first thought..but on reflection I realised those blank canvases actually said a LOT! I decided that's what I needed to do with my blank canvas. Paint it green and hang it on my wall and BE OK with that!
Last week, while spending time with my neighbour,she had given me a little water-colour paper scraps to play around with (using my water colour pencils) and liked it so much I picked up a pad while purchasing another stationary item for my daughter.
Yesterday I had a try at drawing the draped denim using the water-colour pencils with a sheet of water-colour paper ....and I'm really happy with it. Liking what I do is important for me!
I'm not brave enough to add water to my drawing for fear of ruining it but going to do another to experiment with. I actually really like the "texture"...
I'm planning on using these pieces of driftwood
(all the way from Paraparaumu) as my "Life Models"
I'd love to be able to paint like this...
While surfing the net for inspiration I came across these images..
I just looooove this bathroom!! *drools*
..and these cool fences. I'd love to be able to do this sort of thing too!
Drawing: 1 hour






No comments:
Post a Comment