My Creative Work Experience Memorandum of Understanding form for The Bach "Town Basin History" Community Tapestry Project. Heather Carthew is the current Chairperson for The Bach, did the artwork for the project and was more than happy to fill in the MOU for me.
I warped a small loom to do a sample measurement to determine how much wool we might need
An 8 metre skein covers a 3.5 inches area over 8 epi. So I have estimated we will need 800 skeins to complete one panel.
These are the colour wool samples we'll be selecting the yarns from and I'm happy to have once again the responsibility of choosing them. I've been making a list to place an order soon as we have started work on the hem.
I spent three or four hours one Saturday afternoon working on the hem which, I've been told gets woven in this way to make it a stronger hem and eliminate the need for sewing up slits.
THE COMMUNITY TAPESTRY STORYBOARD
We are finalising the details of the story - I forwarded all my information files after returning from the Weaving Workshop with Maximo Laura to Glenda who is working on the end product. She has eliminated a lot of my research to condense the storyboard ((I gave her way too much info!) into a brief historical explanation.
With all the (unforseen) issues with the community project, I decided (and turn frustrations into creative energy!) I would work on a design inspired by an image I stumbled across on the internet but which reminds me of the view one gets coming over the brow of the Brynderwyn's (I'll have to search my images to find a photo I took)
I altered the image by turning it into portrait.
THE COMMUNITY TAPESTRY STORYBOARD
We are finalising the details of the story - I forwarded all my information files after returning from the Weaving Workshop with Maximo Laura to Glenda who is working on the end product. She has eliminated a lot of my research to condense the storyboard ((I gave her way too much info!) into a brief historical explanation.
With all the (unforseen) issues with the community project, I decided (and turn frustrations into creative energy!) I would work on a design inspired by an image I stumbled across on the internet but which reminds me of the view one gets coming over the brow of the Brynderwyn's (I'll have to search my images to find a photo I took)
I altered the image by turning it into portrait.
I then printed a couple of copies to trace the shapes for enlarging the scale for weaving cartoon.
This handmade loom was a gift from Naoko's husband.
It is A3 size so I enlarge the cartoon to fit.
For some time now, I've had the urge to paint. It took me a whole afternoon to achieve this and by the end of the day I was really tired and had a nasty headache. I used a combination of brush and my fingers to blend the hues.
Some of the yarns I have that will make up the colour palette.
Tapestry hours:
Community Project: weaving hem 4 hours
Story board: compiling information 3 hours
Wool Weft: discussing/choosing colours and
estimating amounts/cost etc - 2 hours
Designing "Landscape" Tapestry (small start) line drawing
and an A3 enlargement/warping loom 6 hours
Painting landscape 5 hours



No comments:
Post a Comment