Monday, 31 July 2017

Ceramic creativity for July 2017

Thursday 6th July
Soap dishes - still experimenting to get the size, shape and base or stand right

GLAZING:
Part of my creative journey has been coming to appreciate all the things that go wrong or not as "perfectly" as I'd anticipated. If you look closely you'll notice a number of unglazed spots on my koru so I applied another coat of glaze and it'll go back into the kiln again.
Glazing some soap dishes...
.and numbers (the two on the left were accidentally fired before I glazed the leaves)

NATURE NUMBERS: 20th July
A piece of cut tree bark provides the textured surface
I've used builders paper for the number templates.


 Thursday 27th July
 More numbers...
Trying some different "feet" for my soap dishes.
 I'm really happy with this and I've learned how to attach damp clay with dried clay - using a clay/vinegar slurry as a paste.
 
The little feet different in sizes but oh well...

Ceramics: 10 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment