Tuesday, 1 August 2017

Woodwork Assemblage - Student support, encouragement and confidence building (aka: Ricky Time)

 After discovering the screws we had for the box were too small for securing the wheels to the base and getting some bolts, Ricky drilled the holes.
 We chatted away about his week while he screwed the bolts down with a spanner.
 My son, Cam (18) walked passed and said "Mum, why are you doing it like that? It's way faster with a ratchet and socket set " 
 Yep - WAY faster! Ricky and I are always grateful for !Tips and Tricks of the trade!"
 Woodbox project - COMPLETED!
 Whilst on the job of completing things - this ceramic project we started in 2016 FINALLY got wired together so Ricky could take it home
 It's really satisfying to finish things and I'm trying to attend to "getting things completed" as I'm really good at starting things but not finishing....
Ricky sewing on a vest he is making for himself. One of the fabrics his Mum purchased frays so I had him zigzag around all the edges to assist with sewing the pieces together without making a mess. Ricky has sensory-issues and can spend a lot of time stressing about any surplus materials/fibres/dust.

Teaching/student support, encouragement
 and confidence building - 6 hours  

No comments:

Post a Comment