The view over Helena Bay - my trip out to the Art Gallery at the beginning of the month was very therapeutic and inspiring. After my sister and I had looked around the Gallery and shop, had lunch at the Cafe and took a drive down to Teal Bay - a hidden treasure along the Northland coastline.
The sea was wildly pounding and I took LOTS of photos of it.
We took a walk along the beach and collected large bunches of kelp along the way.
When I got back home, some went on the compost for fertilizing the garden and the rest, I blended in my processor with olive oil for soap.
Seaweed soap on the right..
I spent the day mid-month making more soap - orange n spice, lavender, chamomile, manuka, rose, kawakawa, feijoa, lemon geranium, kowhai and pohutukawa. These will cure for 2-3 weeks before labelling for sale.
Clean trays drying in the sunshine.
Soap making - 7 hours
Photography/editing - 1 hour
Soap making - 7 hours
Photography/editing - 1 hour



No comments:
Post a Comment