On Tuesday the 4th I went for a drive out to Helena Bay Gallery with my sister who's up visiting from Christchurch. I've been wanting to visit for many months but it hadn't ever quite work out to go.
We arrived late morning just as it rained but had a wander around the gardens anyway and admired the pottery and sculptural work.
These carved birds were half wood half metal..a clever mix of mediums. I love the upcycling of found metal objects too.
Not the easiest to see but this owl caught my eye and reminded my of my Nana who passed away 17 years ago on the 5th July - she collected all things owl.
After looking around inside the gallery we went to the cafe for lunch.
The view was breath-taking!
After a very satisfying meal and time of gazing out to sea we decided to take a drive down to Teal Bay before heading back to Whangarei.
The water was wonderfully wild and exhilarating!
I collected kelp as we walked along the bay and snapped (LOADS!) of photos of the waves. It was very therapeutic and pleasant as the sun was out at this stage.
Gallery Visit/Beach Photography - 5 hours
..and my favourite photo is the next one :)
Gallery Visit/Beach Photography - 5 hours





No comments:
Post a Comment