Sunday, 24 July 2016

The Waipu Museum Art 'n Tartan Wearable Arts Awards 2016

The Waipu Museum Art 'n Tartan Wearable Arts 2016 has been an an amazing experience! Hours and hours of work and it's all over - for now. What a ride...I'm already thinking about the next one!  
We had an all afternoon rehearsal on the 16th and it was my first time seeing the majority of the performances. I; took my camera to get some photos on Thursday night when we had the Full Dress Rehearsal from 530 - 10:00pm. It was a long day but my first (and only opportunity) to see Katie, my model on stage. Sadly, I couldn't afford a ticket to the show so these are the only photos I have and they are not that great - sorry!
 Just before going on stage - and just before I fixed the leaves
 (they got bent over when people brushed up against her)
 A closeup of the limbs...
...and the roots.
 My beautiful model (and niece) Katie wearing the mask.
 Just after receiving my award for 
Most Outstanding First Time Entrant.
Katie waving at the photographer - Sarah, (my daughter)
I still can't believe I won an award!

Once I've recovered from the busy-ness of the past 3 days I'll write a bit more about my experience, the highs and lows and the things I'd do differently. My brain is being very naughty and telling me I could have done much better and that my design was silly and not very good. I know I'm really tired and in a few days time I will feel and think differently, but right now I'm not feeling very good...

No comments:

Post a Comment