Monday, 11 July 2016

The First couple of weeks of July...

So - after my busy week/weekend leading up to judging I had to take involuntary rest. Yep, I'd pulled or hurt something in my upper back/shoulder/neck area and "pins and needles" or numbness during the day and a burning sensation in my arms at night has been my constant companion. I couldn't do much for a couple of weeks as a result which was a bit frustrating, and had to make a doctor's appointment and she has referred me to physio. 
During that time though I continued to think a lot about my design and what I could do to improve it.
I've decided to made "branched for my models arms. The one on the right is too narrow to insert my hand into so I'm remaking a pair using the foam sticks as templates. I've cooked up more plants materials and just need a fine day when I am not working to make up more paper.
My niece, who is my model for the Art 'n Tartan Show and I have driven to Waipu twice now for rehearsals. She is only "on stage" for 10-15 minutes but the trip takes over a half hour each way so I'm racking up some miles on my old car presently. 

TAPESTRY/WEAVING:
I made the paper! 
I look a bit dorky/stupid with my big cheesy grin but oh well...
Measuring out paper for the size - we're looking
 at four panels each 80 cm high and 200 cm wide.
The first will depict Maori life in the early 1800's
 and the next, early European settlement in the
 Town Basin around 1850-1900's.
 All warped up and ready to go.


PHOTOGRAPHY:
I've been out using my camera quite a bit. Taking photos always makes me feel happy!
Sunlight on a fallen leaf after rain
Clouds reflected in the gutter.
An interesting composition.
Misty mountain morning - Mt Parihaka, Whangarei
I'm going to use the mountain as part of the tapestry panels
and have been sketching compositions for the first panel


 ..just a few (of the many) photos I took of the (Hatea) river

Hours: 7 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment