It took me a few weeks to feel like I'd properly "recovered" from The Art 'n Tartan Awards Show and when I could I worked on a small tapestry I've challenged myself to do.
It's probably a bit hard to see what it is at the moment but it will be a koru once completed.
It sounds easy but getting a nice smooth circle is easier said than done! I've had to undo this a couple of times because it hasn't looked right but I think I've mastered the "pattern" now.
I've also been busy quote gathering, sourcing where to purchase materials needed for the next community tapestry project and preparing to write up the Application for Creative Communities Scheme Funding through the Whangarei District Council. Closing date was on Friday 12th August and we should know if we've been successful in getting funding approved by mid September 2016. Hopefully, I put forward a good exposition!
~o0o~
As I wasn't working yesterday (Saturday) and as
it wasn't raining I decided it was a good day to test
out my new paper-making pulley-system.
Bricks in to lift it...
..bricks out to lower it back into the bath
It was really easy to use though I still plan to use the deckle (top frame) as a second mold and make thinner deckles so I can clamp the two together. While one is draining I can have a second on the go. I do have a mold that is half the size so used that in between and made a good stack of paper that is now drying.
~o0o~
Tapestry weaving 3 hours
Community Project Application Proposal for funding 15 hours
Paper-making 7 hours
No comments:
Post a Comment