Wednesday, 1 July 2015

Art Journalling

I started back at the Art Journalling Workshop
Jane Cunningham runs at The Quarry Art Centre
on Monday's a few weeks ago but have found it's 
a bit much doing both that and the Printmaking 
workshop on Tuesday, especially if I've worked
 over the weekend at The Bach as well.
 The Prompt for the page above was MYSTERY
and Jane got us all ripping a page or two out of 
an old book (something I was taught NOT to do!)
and we discussed what the term Mystery (Life)
 meant for each one of us. For me it's like a mist
or a veil that makes seeing sometimes hard and 
a bit scary, but sometimes amazing, like an 
autumn morning when the mist is thick and 
though you know the roads there you can't see
 it and you've got to trust that it is.....
The pages I tore out of the book were about 
The Reformation and The Voyage of Discovery
which I thought was interesting given the nature
of life's journey and the events in mine of late.
The previous week's Prompt was Tree of Life
and very much tied in with Mystery for me
as nature and creation is a mysterious thing.
As always, I had a grand visual idea in my head 
but was disappointed by what came out of my
hands. I ended up resorting to using a credit
card to apply the background and my hands 
for the tree. My 'framing" of the page reminds
me of an avenue of trees and the way they 
embrace and encompass...Returning to work
on some text, I'm liking this page more for
what it represents, hence the words BELIEVE
and TRUST. I'm not sure if it's finished yet
but happy to wait upon more if that's to come. 

Art Journing: 10 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment