It's been a couple of weeks since I did this workshop at The Quarry Art Centre but haven't had the time to load photos as I've been busy filling in at work while our administrator's been away.
Learning about letter-press printing was really interesting and made me appreciate the work that went into book-making in the 15th century. I decided to print some wording on my screen-printed "tree" image and went with LIVE and GROW to keep it nice and easy. There was lots of "fancy" terms used to describe the method but I couldn't remember what they all were. I did google of letterpress printing to help me out with what the method/terms are though.
I had taken about 7 or 8 prints from the tree image screen the previous week so knew I had a number of images to play around with (and get it right!) Here's a few of my prints...
I didn't notice it at first but I wasn't
keen on the O being off-centred
I'm pretty pleased with my first attempts at letter-press printing and look forward to trying other things in the future now that I have an idea of what's involved. We are really fortunate to have The Te Kowhai Print Trust facilities available to use here in Whangarei!
Learning about letter-press printing was really interesting and made me appreciate the work that went into book-making in the 15th century. I decided to print some wording on my screen-printed "tree" image and went with LIVE and GROW to keep it nice and easy. There was lots of "fancy" terms used to describe the method but I couldn't remember what they all were. I did google of letterpress printing to help me out with what the method/terms are though.
I had taken about 7 or 8 prints from the tree image screen the previous week so knew I had a number of images to play around with (and get it right!) Here's a few of my prints...
I didn't notice it at first but I wasn't
keen on the O being off-centred
I'm pretty pleased with my first attempts at letter-press printing and look forward to trying other things in the future now that I have an idea of what's involved. We are really fortunate to have The Te Kowhai Print Trust facilities available to use here in Whangarei!






I thought about taking that workshop when I saw it advertised, now I'm regretting that I didn't!
ReplyDeleteIt was really good Charlotte....so much to learn!
Delete