Sunday, 28 June 2015

Epic fail!

3D - POTTERY/SCULPTURE

This pottery seahorse belongs to my Mum.
I had this grand idea of making a replica just like it.
I made up some "play-dough" so I could press the
seahorse in to it to get the shape/mold of it.
 Then I made up a batch of plaster of paris...
...and poured the plaster in to the mold.
 When it had set I removed it from the mold..
..and was happy with the outcome.
Next I completely covered the seahorse with 
vaseline, placed it a lined box face up
 The idea I had, was to remove the plaster cast 
(I think that's what the seahorse is called??)
so I was left with a plaster mold to press 
a rolled of piece of clay in to.
Sadly, IT DIDN'T WORK! :o(
So not sure what to do now....
 ..and just to round off the epic fail was my
 disappointment with the kauri leaf dye. 
such a rich colour in the pot but sadly,
it didn't "stick" to the alpaca.

3D/Sculpture: 4 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment